Flare gas systems are found on ships and in almost all oil and gas plants as part of the off-gas system. They are used for the controlled combustion of large quantities of flammable gases in the event of a malfunction as well as for detecting very small leaks in a flare gas network. It is also essential to calculate the greenhouse gas emissions based on the amount of flare gas measured in accordance with regulatory requirements. For this purpose, it is also necessary to precisely record very low flow rates. By nature, the pressure, flow rate, and gas composition can vary greatly in a flare gas system over short periods of time. Ultrasonic gas flow measuring instruments are ideal for reliably controlling processes in flare gas systems. The measure accurately in a range spanning from almost no flow to gas velocities of over 120 m/s. This makes it possible to ensure the optimum ratio of O2 and steam to combustion gas and to determine the actual volume of the flared gas.
Following product families can be usedReliable gas flow measurement in flare gas applications
Reliable gas flow measurement on flare stacks in petroleum refineries, chemical plants and natural gas processing with SICK ultrasonic gas flow meters.
- High-resolution measurement and short response time
- Innovative sensor design for very high gas velocities and gas temperatures up to 280 °C
- Optimal signal transmission even under atmospheric pressure
- Detached installation of the control unit up to 1,000 m away
- Single and multi-path configuration, opt. Probe version
- Zero point test in the field according to factory standard
- Control cycle for automatic self-diagnosis / signal optimization
- Reliable measurement even at high gas velocities and with changing gas compositions
- Proprietary measuring range extension for high flow velocities thanks to ASC technology
- Direct mass flow calculation without additional gas analyzers
- Intuitive FLOWgateTM software for commissioning, operation and diagnostics
- I-diagnosticsTM: self monitoring, self testing and predictive maintenance
- Customized measurement performance thanks to individual evaluation of the application